Your eye care is an important part of your overall health care. At our practice we strive to offer our patients the highest quality vision care and service. Each of our staff members are professionally trained to assist you in making informed decisions about what products and procedures will best benefit you and your individual eye care needs.
Meet the Doctors
Did you know that your local Eye Doctor does more than prescriptions for glasses and contacts? Dr. Maryn Sturm and Dr. Michael Sturm are Optometrists serving Eaton, CO and surrounding communities.
Doctor Mike and Doctor Maryn met in Optometry school and were married 2 days after graduation. They completed a year of resident training and then purchased Eaton Vision Clinic from Drs. Don and Heather Simonson, who had run the office for 32 years. They have strived to bring their background in Ocular Disease to Eaton, to combine with its history of delivering excellent vision. The couple welcomed their daughter, Austyn Trinity, in November 2012 and are excited to raise her in this great community.
Eaton Vision Clinic strives to maintain a personal and welcoming atmosphere while delivering glasses of the highest quality. It offers a wide selection of styles and price options in frames, as well as multiple new brands of sunglasses to protect your eyes in the strong Colorado sun. The current staff has been with the clinic a minimum of 8 years and up to 22 years and does a wonderful job delivering all of your eye care needs.
Michael Sturm, O.D.
- Residency in Ocular Disease and Primary Care at Indian Health Services in Kayenta, Arizona: Emphasis on Diabetes, Red eyes and Trauma, Cataracts, Pediatrics
- Internships at the VA Hospital in Las Vegas; Indian Health in Crownpoint, New Mexico; Indian Health in Lawton,Oklahoma
- Attended Southern California College of Optometry
- Prior to Optometry school: Worked as an assistant to an Ophthalmologist for 2 years
- Bachelors from University of Texas, Austin
- Grew up in Uvalde, Texas
Maryn Sturm, O.D.
- Residency in Ocular Disease and Primary Care at VA Hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico: Emphasis on Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma, Cataracts, and vascular disease.
- Internships Indian Health in Lawton,Oklahoma, a VA clinic in Sierra Vista, Arizona, and Pearl Harbor Naval Hospital
- Attended Southern California College of Optometry and was Valedictorian of her class
- Prior to Optometry school: Performed research on aerosolized insulin delivery for one year and Genetics and Treatment of Hurler syndrome (MPS1) for 2 years.
- Bachelors from University of California, Berkeley
- Grew up in Anaheim, California
Our staff at Eaton Vision Clinic is well trained and focused on making your patient experience a personal one. All members of our staff attend continuing education classes throughout the year in areas of spectacle lenses, contact lenses and eyewear design.
The office culture at Eaton Vision Clinic is one of excellence in patient care and personalized service. We believe and practice doing the right thing to make your experience a good one with long lasting happiness, eye health and optimal vision.